Rippling Waters Organic Farm grows more beautiful every year as we engage in more broad-acre permaculture practices on our 12 acres along the Saco River at Limington Rapids. The farm highlights include:
- 5 acres in organic produce, herb and cut flowers production. It’s rolling fields slope down
to the Saco River where you can hear Limington Rapids and the “rippling waters”.
- a winding trail and soon to be built labyrinth twists and turns through the woods along the river, gives you an opportunity to relax and enjoy nature.
- a field trail gives you an educational understanding of organic farming as well as viewing our companion planting and broad-acre permaculture techniques and variety trials.
- permaculture practices include a one-quarter acre mandala garden; produce bedsare covered in mulch,interspersed with herbs, perennials and annual companion plants; a perennial tea & wildlife garden; and this year we are expanding Kaylee’s garden into a one-quarter acre herb spiral.
- four hoophouses specializing in tomatoes and our renowned sungold tomatoes and a large production greenhouse used for growing seedlings and crop production
- a farm store and a retail greenhouse with an attached open air arbor
- a workshop & training center for our volunteers & staff